Slacker Success

Saturday, January 9, 2010

If you skip working out two days in a row, does it mean your a failure?  I'm going to say no but maybe I'm being too nice to myself.  Thursday St. Louis was hit with a nasty snow storm.  All area schools were closed as well as many businesses.  Of course, my place of work wasn't.  By the end of the day, I just didn't want to be out in it anymore and came home after work instead of hitting the gym.  I told myself that I was going to do yoga later that evening and even came as far as putting on my workout clothes and getting out the DVD.  But then, I just didn't do it.

Friday rolled around and I was committed to going to work out straight from work.  But when quitting time rolled around, my head was pounding.  So guess what?  No exercising for me. 

What a slacker! 

There's really no reason that I shouldn't have worked out but pure laziness.  If I don't go to the gym immediately after work, I'm just not going to go.  No matter how many times I plan to get up in go in the morning, it just ain't happening.  This girl just cannot get out of the warmth of my bed to freeze my butt off on the way to work out.  There's just no way.

But in better news.  In those two days I did stick to my daily calorie intake.  Actually, I was way under on Thursday....which I think contributed to the headache on Friday.

Tonight is the big football game for my house.  And you know what that means....beer and bad food.  I'm really craving some king crab legs and Blue Moon.  Knowing that tonight would be tempting, I ate a piece of toast for breakfast and lunch and plan to have a clementine later for a snack.  This way I have saved room for some extra "beer calories" tonight. 

I'm not even sure if I can technically do that....but what the hell!  I'm making up this dieting stuff as I go along anyway!  I'll find what works for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Finding My Inner Skinny Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino